English Classes For Kids
Introduction to English Classes For Children
Our Junior program for learners aged 5-12 is based on the “Our World” textbook, a six-level primary series from National Geographic Learning. Our program aims to enhance learners’ English language skills through real-world content, interactive digital resources, and a fun, immersive learning experience. These are the core focuses of our English classes for kids:
- Emphasizing on building child’s conﬁdence
- Enhancing speaking ﬂuency
- The program follows the IB Early Years Program (EYP)
- Promotes global awareness and cultural understanding
English Lessons For Children
What Our Children Learn
IB Early Years Program (EYP)
In our English classes for kids at ULC, we blend language skill enhancement with holistic development, in line with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Early Years Program (EYP) framework. This approach transforms English learning from a solitary academic task to an immersive experience that taps into their natural curiosity and learning passion. By aligning with the IB EYP, known for its inquiry-based, student-centered learning, our English classes stimulate critical thinking, broaden worldviews, and bolster communication skills, thereby setting a strong foundation for future academics.
Our World Curriculum From National Geographic
The Our World curriculum covers a wide range of themes and topics. The “Our World” series is a unique resource that encourages learners to explore their curiosity about the world around them, all while enhancing their English language proficiency. It integrates stunning photography from National Geographic, providing children with a window into different cultures, ecosystems, and societies. The following components of language learning are expertly interwoven with the content:
In our English classes for kids at ULC, we believe that parental involvement plays a crucial role in a child’s learning journey.
To keep parents informed about their child’s progress, we send weekly updates via the ClassDojo App. Our year-end presentations also serve as an interactive platform for parents to engage with their child’s learning. As children showcase their language skills and share what they’ve learned, parents get a firsthand understanding of their progress, making them an active participant in their child’s English language learning journey.
Age Group & Lesson Structure
- Pre-Primary (5-7 Years Old) – For our youngest learners, we ignite a love for English using immersive storytelling, interactive activities, and games. This foundational stage boosts their phonics and reading skills and familiarizes them with simple written expressions.
- Lower Primary (7-9 Years Old) – In the lower primary stage, our structured English lessons amplify vocabulary, comprehension, and grammar. We place emphasis on nurturing children’s ability to articulate thoughts and ideas, both in written and spoken English.
- Upper Primary (9-12 Years Old) – In the upper primary stage, we focus on advanced language skills, exploring complex texts, stimulating discussions, and tackling intricate writing tasks, readying students for future educational challenges.
Schedule: Mon & Wed (OR) Tue & Thur
*Up to 16 lessons per term
*There are 4 terms per year
Frequently Asked Questions About English Lessons For Children
What is the experience and background of the organization providing the English language program?
Are there any recognized awards, accreditations, or affiliations associated with the program or organization?
What is the selection process for instructors, and what criteria are used to ensure their proficiency in teaching English to children?
Our instructors are selected through a meticulous process evaluating their education, experience, and English proficiency. Many hold recognized qualifications like the TESOL, CELTA, or TEFL certifications, underlining their capability to teach English effectively. Find out more about our team.
Why learn English based on the IB Early Years Program (EYP) framework?
The IB Early Years Program (EYP) framework offers a comprehensive, inquiry-based approach to learning that encourages children to be curious, ask questions, and explore the world around them. Embedding English in a meaningful context enhances understanding, retention, and prepares students for a global environment. Read our blog to learn more about English classes for children.