We the teachers in ULC inspire students to be confident English learners, create a comfortable learning atmosphere, and build a language community in Singapore. We make English a fun language for the students to learn while bridging the bond of the students and bringing everyone together to create a positive, happy community.
- Prepare classroom and course materials
- Assign and correct homework
- Grade students’ assessments
- Create a supportive and positive classroom environment
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades
- Resolve crises in the classroom
- Inform parents about student progress (Junior classes)
- Collaborate with educational staff to provide a positive learning experience to students
- To be available during your designated availability to cover teachers who have taken leave (holiday, medical, etc.) based on a Coverage Rotation Schedule.
- CELTA, TEFL, TESOL equivalent or above
- Extensive teaching experience in ESL.
- Experience teaching adults and kids.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Patience and resilience.
- A high degree of diplomacy.
- Great conflict resolution skills.
The staff brings warmth to the students as soon as they step into the school. We always try to achieve and go one step further to provide excellent customer service for them. We also act as a course consultants for them and are well versed in the current curriculum that the teachers are using so that we can give the best advice for the students if in need.
- Be the forefront in managing customers’ inquiries and expectations;
- Handle student registration, payment, class scheduling and attendance;
- Drive student enrolment by promoting the benefits of language learning;
- Work closely with teachers to understand the progress of the students ;
- Identify and recommend on course curriculum that is tailored to customer’s needs and objectives;
- Actively seek, follow up and close on sales leads;
- Work towards achieving service excellence and to meet center sales target;
- Collect and review quality feedback from customers to improve sales;
- Responsible for administrative duties including maintaining database records and sales data analysis;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the school manager.
Explore Career Opportunities
Why join ULC
Here we value people as much as we value our family. We have a close-knitted culture and we treat everyone as one of our own extended family. We care for each other’s well-being and respect individuals’ opinions.
Wonderful Working Culture and Environment
Good growing environment
Free Brewed Coffee And Refreshment
Any questions? Feel free to reach out to us!
After gaining my CELTA certification in August 2020, I started teaching at ULC in November of the same year. I can say, with hand on heart, that from both career and personal perspectives it has proved to be one of the best things I’ve ever done. Teaching is challenging, rewarding, fun and exciting in equal measure and nowhere is this more evident than at ULC. Every day brings new experiences and every day is special – it’s never “just another day at school” here! Being part of the ULC team truly gives you a sense of belonging to something that is greater than the sum of its parts, and something that makes a tangible difference to our own lives and the lives of the students we serve.
I have had the pleasure of working at United Language Centre for about 2 years and a half now. I have a personal passion for service and education and working overseas with a different culture is one of my dream jobs. The best thing about working here is the people I work with, the teamwork I experience every day, a chance to meet various people from different cultures, and the relationship I developed with our students.
As we care about the student’s feedback carefully, ULC does so to the employees and is always ready to listen to employees’ opinions, making an effort to build a better workplace. In spite of the unexpected pandemic situation, we aren’t afraid to face the changes or struggles and find a solution together. ULC is open to growing and learning. They provide the courses for employees to improve skills and develop ourselves and reward properly for what we have achieved.
With my colleagues, I have confidence that I will be able to do anything. ULC has a mission to make students confident English speakers, however, I lacked confidence in the tasks and myself in the beginning. My colleagues keep giving me an opportunity to speak out my thoughts and show sincere trust, which makes me a confident person.
Also, meeting various students from different countries like Indonesia, Italy, Germany, Cuba or Algeria is a special experience. We meet students as customers but they are our friends at the same time. I sometimes had dinner with them after working and sent greeting messages to each other on New Year or Christmas even when they were not studying with us.
ULC is more than just a job for me. It’s a place where I can be myself the most and discover the possibilities that I do not aware of. I look forward to seeing ULC grow together as I grow daily and meeting new people who will join a meaningful journey with an amazing team! 💙
I worked here as an intern in 2019. The experience made me realise that I enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and cultures, at places like ULC. After completing my studies in Japan, I decided to come back to Singapore and work at ULC to extend my horizons even more.
ULC is a place where you can feel free to take on new challenges. In the office, we have a good working atmosphere and are always willing to assist each other whenever needed. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with this creative and supportive team:)